Selrico Services is the current food service provider for the Bexar County Jail/Detention Center since August 2020, serving 3,800 inmates and 200 officers’ café on a daily basis.
Selrico Services is committed to ensuring nutritious food is provided for the inmate population and detention center officers. These meals are delivered according to fit each facility schedule. Our meals combine a healthy assortment of entrees and sides, with each meal prepared to meet all Commission on Jail Standards.
Our services include:
• Three meals per day for both inmates and officers
• Special diet options that accommodate medical issues and religious requirements
• Holiday Meals
• Covid-19 safety protocols
• A registered dietician on staff to resolve special needs such as specific allergies
• Food handler training is managed throughout the year, training inmates in food safety and providing food handler’s licenses to those who participate
At Selrico Services, we pride ourselves in being a quick-response organization that is diligent in following required protocols and remains steadfast in keeping up with the ongoing schedules these facilities require. Our hands-on approach helps us work together with our clients to stay communicative, efficient and resolve issues in a prompt manner.
Our experience in Bexar County has provided us the necessary understanding, capability, and expertise to continue serving correctional facilities and detention centers. We look forward to the opportunity of expanding our services to other facilities in the future, knowing that we deliver high-standard services to our valuable clients.