At Selrico Services, our success comes from serving others, whether it’s providing nutritious meals for the community’s most vulnerable populations or supporting the men and women of the military. It’s not just about serving food – it’s about making our community better by taking care of people.
DOING MORE FOR THOSE WE SERVE
That spirit is behind everything we do. Selrico is a leader in creating the kind of food and services that enhance the quality of life for all of our clients, including:
- Creating delicious, varied menus that exceed government nutritional guidelines, especially for the disadvantaged populations that depend on our meals.
- Organizing produce markets for seniors, selling bundles of fresh produce at senior centers for $1 a basket. We work with our produce vendors to give seniors access to fresh produce and introduce them to new vegetables that they might not otherwise try.
- To encourage healthy eating among senior clients, our registered dietitian develops nutritious, easy-to-follow recipes, providing recipe cards, and cooking demonstrations at senior centers.
- Selrico creates gardens for our senior center clients, providing planters, plants, and a master gardener to assist with planting. Seniors take care of and harvest the vegetables. We ensure gardens are wheelchair-accessible for all to enjoy.
- Training our team to perform wellness checks when they deliver meals to homebound seniors, looking for changes in appearance, living conditions, and emotional health.
- For the children we serve, our registered dietitian leads interactive nutrition education sessions, encouraging children to try new fruits and vegetables.
- We provide teaching gardens for school children, providing planters, plants, and a master gardener to help them get started. When the veggies are ready, we help them harvest what they’ve grown and let them take their produce home.
- Our goal is to teach children to enjoy healthy foods not only for their own well-being but to take nutritious eating habits back home to their families.
SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESSES
As a successful graduate of the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program for disadvantaged businesses, Selrico has mentored and teamed up with other emerging minority firms.
IMPROVING OUR COMMUNITY
Selrico Services also brings the spirit of serving to its community, supporting good causes and helping to develop the historic inner-city neighborhood where Selrico Services located its company headquarters. From donating meals to veterans to providing school supplies to children, Selrico Services is committed to serving others.
The Aleman family donated an 8,000 sq. ft. parcel of land to the historic Playhouse San Antonio (now the Public Theater of San Antonio). The land, valued at $250,000, is directly across the street from the theater and adjacent to Selrico Service’s headquarters